Finding the best fishing vests for women can be challenging. Many equipment designers attempt to simply scale down the size of the vest they market to men without taking into account the different needs between men and women.
These differences are both stylistic and functional in nature. Women tend to be more organized and need greater flexibility in their organizational options. Statistically, they are also physically smaller and the overall weight of the vest is more of a concern.
Further, the shape of women is different from men and vests marketed to them should either be designed with those differences in mind or offer greater customization of the fit with adjustable straps.
These are the best fishing vests for women that we have found:
[table id=6 /]
While this vest is marketed to both men and women, it comes in a youth/small that would fit many women better than most vests designed for either sex.
- Polyester and cotton blend for enhanced durability and comfort.
- Mesh body fabric facilitates rapid moisture wicking for faster drying.
- Nine external pockets in various sizes for customization storage.
- A large back pocket makes storing bigger items easier.
- A loop on the back can be used to hold a fishing net and keep it from interfering with movement.
- Two interior pockets for more secure storage.
- Pockets feature Velcro or zipper closures to improve accessibility.
- Available in four sizes; youth/small, small/medium, large/x-large, 2x/3x
- Knit collar helps make the vest more comfortable even when filled.
This vest is great for warmer days when breathability is needed to stay cool but it can also be worn over jackets during the winter. The storage options are ample and more than adequate for short to moderate length fishing trips.
The Redington Clark Fork Mesh Fly Fishing Vest is both comfortable and functional. The pockets provide enough versatile storage to accommodate equipment, snacks, and other necessities. The back pocket can easily hold larger items and can help balance the weight of the vest to make walking more comfortable.
This is by far one of the more feminine fishing vests available. The added touches of pink are nice without being distracting or overpowering. The design is functional and has a greater number of pockets than typically seen to allow more personalized organization. It’s a great find in a moderate price point.
- Cotton-polyester blend for durability and quick drying.
- Mesh back for greater airflow and comfort.
- Khaki color with pink and black accents.
- 27 pockets in an assortment of sizes
- D-ring to secure fishing nets
- Available in four sizes; small, medium, large, and extra-large.
- Front rod holder is ideal for when you need your hands free to tie knots or dress flies.
- Pockets close with snaps or zippers for added security.
- Large back pocket for bulkier items.
- Lightweight for added comfort.
The Master Sportsman Women’s Alpine Fishing Vest can be worn in the summer or winter. It is stylish, durable, and functional at a price that also makes it quite affordable.
This vest is a great option for women who want a little more room and greater storage options. It is a fantastic deal and has many of the same advantages typically reserved for much more expensive vests. Because of the adjustable nature of the vest it can be worn during the summer over a t-shirt or over a thick winter jacket.
- Adjustable shoulder straps ensure a perfect fit that is both comfortable and secure.
- Mesh back provides encourages air flow to keep you cool on the hottest days.
- Cord pulls on the zippers makes them easier to access and reduces noise.
- Very lightweight for added comfort.
- Weight is evenly distributed throughout chest and shoulders for greater stability and comfort.
- Larger back pocket for bigger items and to allow for greater weight distribution.
- Back pocket is approximately 6.5 x 9.5 x 1.75 inches.
- Front compartment are approximately 4.5 x 8 x 1.5 inches.
- Conveniently located drink holder to ensure proper hydration.
- Two waterproof pockets to protect electronic devices or other valuables.
This is a great vest for women who fish a lot or who fish for longer periods of time. There are numerous storage options that are thoughtfully placed to distribute weight evenly and allow greater flexibility in what one brings along.
The AnglaTech Adjustable Fly Fishing Vest offers durability, comfort, and style for women who want to take more gear along with them but leave the tackle box behind.
The best fishing vests for women all have one key factor in common, great storage flexibility. The amount of storage is upgraded in each successive recommendation, but the ability to carry a variety of gear and accessories in a way that is most intuitive for your personal style is available in each.
It can be trickier for women to find a high quality vest that is functional, stylish, and comfortable. Vests designed for men are often heavier and larger and do not fit properly. Fortunately, it is becoming easier to find fishing vests for women that make it easier than ever to carry more gear while keeping your hands free.
As an added bonus, fishing vests are highly functional even when not being used for fishing. They can be used instead of a backpack on hikes, flights, and non-fishing vacations.