If you love to fish and have been reluctant to take the plunge and order a fishing vest for yourself, now is the time to take the leap. There are many styles, sizes, colors, and prices ranges from which to choose.
Imagine how much easier it will be to get to all of your fishing necessities if they are easily within hand’s reach. If you have a favorite fishing vest already, it may be time to upgrade to one that is more comfortable and has more room.
No matter what your fishing needs are there is a vest that can make your favorite hobby even more enjoyable.
Below are our reviews of the best of the best available. Enjoy.
|Fishing Vests||Design||Fabric||Price||Review / 5|
|Redington Clark Fork Mesh Fly Fishing Vest||11 pockets for convenient storage||65% Polyester/35% Cotton||$$||4.4|
|Rothco Uncle Milty Vest||17 pockets||55% Cotton, 45% Polyester||$$||4.5|
|Maxcatch Fly Fishing Vest Pack||Vest-style and versatile backpack with 2 main molded pocket||Light weight and water resistant fabric Lined with mesh||$$$||4.7|
This is one of the best fishing vests on the market at an entry level price point. It is comfortable, has ample storage room, and works equally well in the winter or summer.
- Polyester cotton blend for durability.
- Mesh body fabric allows moisture to be wicked away quickly for faster drying.
- Nine external pockets in different sizes for convenient storage.
- A large back pocket for storing bigger items.
- A loop to hold a fishing net located on the back of the vest to keep it out of the way until you need it.
- Two interior pockets for added storage.
- All pockets have zipper or Velcro closures for easy access.
- Four sizes available; youth/small, small/medium, large/x-large, 2x/3x
- Knit collar for greater comfort.
- Loose fit to keep cool in the summer and can be worn over jackets in the winter.
This fishing vest is fantastic for those really hot days. The mesh construction is durable but doesn’t trap the heat against your body the way some of the larger vests do. The storage is adequate for light to moderate fishing trips with enough room for plenty of accessories to keep things interesting.
The Redington Clark Fork Mesh Fly Fishing Vest is functional and comfortable. The pockets are diverse enough to accommodate a wide range of equipment and the back pocket is large enough to hold bigger items with ease.
This vest is one step up in comfort, appearance, functionality, and price. The material is more durable but less breathable making it slightly warmer which should be taken into consideration. However, the greater stability and fantastic storage options make this a great selection.
- Polyester cotton blend for maximum durability.
- Zippered front with a secondary snap closure for stability.
- External, interior, and back pockets for optimal storage options.
- Available in three colors: black, khaki, olive drab.
- Available in seven sizes: small, medium, large, XL, 2XL, 3XL, 4XL.
- One large back pocket to store more substantial items.
- A convenient belt loop at the bottom of the vest to attach items.
- It is not waterproof but does dry quickly.
This is one of my favorite options for short trips during the fall or winter. I also use it during the summer if I know it won’t be too hot. There is plenty of room for some of my favorite gear without the added bulk of too much storage.
The Rothco Uncle Milty Vest is one of the most popular vests on the market for good reason. It is roomy enough to function as a fishing vest but can also be used for camping, photography, or to keep items close on vacation. It is stylish enough to blend in virtually anywhere and sturdy enough for extended fishing trips.
This is one of the nicest vests on the market. There are two vest options that offer amazing storage potential. Both are durable, stylish, and offer unbelievable functionality.
- Two vest options: V-mesh vest, V-pop backpack vest.
- Two molded pockets to protect flies.
- Combination backpack and fishing vest offers greater storage options.
- Backpack compartment is expandable and has three primary zippered sections ideal for larger gear.
- Light weight construction.
- Water resistant fabric to offer greater protection for pocket contents.
- Lined with mesh to improve air movement and keep you cooler.
- Easily adjustable so one size fits all.
- Rod holder strap to free up your hands.
- A hook in the back is ideal for attaching a fishing net.
This is my go-to for longer expeditions when I know I am going to want more gear with me. I tend to partition off some of the pockets for food, first-aid, fire and basic necessities. This eliminates the need for a full hiking backpack but doesn’t leave me feeling as unprepared as some of the less spacious options would on longer trips.
The Maxcatch Fly Fishing Vest Pack is for anyone who wants enough storage to bring a variety of reels, flies, and equipment with them and still have their hands free. These are truly impressive fishing accessories that will revolutionize your fishing experience.
The best fishing vests for adult men all have one important thing in common, ample storage. These can be loaded up and kept ready to go for last minute fishing opportunities or carefully packed for specific destinations such as boat fishing, shore fishing, sea fishing, camping trips, or single day hiking excursions.
A fishing vest provides the opportunity to bring along gear, snacks, drinks, and other accessories so your trip can be as enjoyable and stress free as possible. They are multi-functional and can be used even when you won’t have the opportunity to relax near the water.